MISSOULA, Mont. - Monday was day three of action at the NFL Combine but for Missoula native, and former Griz linebacker, Jordan Tripp it was an opportunity to showcase his talent to all 32 NFL teams.
Monday morning 35 linebackers competed in drills to show their stuff in front of media, scouts and coaches from every team in the NFL.
Tripp is the first Griz athlete to compete in the NFL Combine since Caleb McSurdy and Trumaine Johnson both tested there in 2012.
Tripp's performance was plenty impressive, in his first unofficial 40-yard dash the Missoula Big Sky graduate clocked in at 4.58 seconds. In his second unofficial 40-yard dash Tripp stayed consistent, this time clocking in at 4.59 seconds. Tripp posted an official 40-yard dash time of 4.67 seconds, and that was far from his best event.
Tripp excelled in the 20-yard shuttle finishing with a time of 3.96 seconds. Tripp's time tied Green Bay Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk for the best finish in that event since 2006.
Below are the results from Tripp's combine.
|EVENT||RESULT||FINISH (among Linebackers)|
|40 YARD DASH||4.67 seconds||9th|
|BENCH PRESS||22 Reps||T-16th|
|VERTICAL JUMP||37.5 Inches||T-6th|
|BROAD JUMP||120 Inches (10 feet)||T-9th|
|3-CONE DRILL||6.89 Seconds||4th|
|20 YARD SHUTTLE||3.96 Seconds||1st|
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Motorcycle Fatal-Missing Man
- KTVM Fire officials stress need for defensible space
- KECI Logger loses equipment in fire as employee helps save residents
- KECI Hamilton takes first steps to buy armory