BOSTON, Mass. - Spectators and runners are describing the twin explosions that shook the finish line of the Boston Marathon today.
One woman says she was waiting for her husband to cross the finish line, and, in her words, "it just blew." She described it as "a loud boom, and then glass everywhere." Cherie Falgoust says something hit her head, and she "just ducked."
A runner, Laura McLean of Toronto, says she heard two explosions outside the medical tent. She says, "There are people who are really, really bloody." McLean says, "they were pulling them into the medical tent."
The explosions took place about three hours after the winners crossed the finish line. The second one could be heard a few seconds after the first one.
A runner said, "There are a lot of people down."
Marathon workers were seen carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Motorcycle Fatal-Missing Man
- KTVM Fire officials stress need for defensible space
- KECI Logger loses equipment in fire as employee helps save residents
- KECI Hamilton takes first steps to buy armory