RAVALLI COUNTY - A man accused in a hash oil manufacturing explosion that seriously burned a teenager at a Hamilton house in May appeared in District Court.
Howard Matthew Wease III pleaded not guilty to felony charges. He is accused of possession of dangerous drugs, criminal endangerment, and conspiring to make hash oil from marijuana using butane. It's an extremely dangerous practice, where explosions are common.
The teen was sent to a burn unit out of state. Wease was also burned.
Wease's bail was set at $10,000.
Mariah Marie Smith also faces felony charges in the crime.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester