MISSOULA, Mont. - Our First Alert Weather Team is tracking a severe thunderstorm watch for much of western Montana.
Heavy rain hit the Missoula and northern Bitterroot Valley area shortly after 5 p.m. We received reports of thunder and lightning, strong winds, rain and hail from Missoula to Lolo.
The storm knocked down a tree near the University district on Daly Avenue and officials worked quickly to clear it out of the roadway.
A power line went down on busy Mullan Road at the corner of Tipperary Court. Emergency crews cordoned off the area and detoured traffic.
The line lay snaked across Mullan, as the rain poured down shortly after 6 p.m. Cars skirted around the line, giving it a wide bay.
When the sun broke through, Missoula got a great glimpse of a full rainbow.
Rain and strong wind also blew through the Lolo area. Some vehicles pulled off the road during some of the windiest conditions.
Our First Alert team is continuing to track the changing weather conditions. For the latest updates, click the 'Weather' link above or click this link.
If you have any photos of storm damage in your area, please email them to email@example.com.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Officials identify man who possibly drowned in Flathead Lake
- Officials identify man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Candidates for Montana house seat spar over public lands
- KECI Man arrested in connection with Missoula bike thefts