MISSOULA, Mont. - For the first time in four years Missoula's water park is on track to open on time.
Every season, Splash Montana aims to open Memorial Day weekend, but usually they're delayed because of weather.
Since 2010, the park has had to push back its opening due to soggy, cold, weather. It's typically close to mid-June by the time the park opens for the season.
"The weather just kind of takes a turn for the worst, so you don't actually get to open," said Splash Montana Program Coordinator Ashley Reynolds.
In 2014 park staff is hoping for the opposite.
"To actually get to open and to be up and running is really exciting," Reynolds said.
Friday employees spent the day cleaning the pools, moving chairs and inflating inner tubes.
"I'd love to just see it open and see all the kids and the families coming in, and just smiles on their faces and people in the water," Reynolds said.
Weather permitting, the park will open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday through Monday. After that it will remain open on weekends through June 12. Beginning June 13 the park will be open daily.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester