MISSOULA, Mont. - Missoula County Commissioners are looking for candidates to fill the remaining term for the Clerk and Recorder/Treasurer position.
Vickie Zeier has held the position for the county for the past 21 years, but will now serve the county's Chief Administrative Officer. Her name is the only one listed on the primary ballot, so she'll decline to accept the position and commissioners will hire someone to fill the roll until the November election.
"She's given us some parameters that we're going to use," said Commission Chair Jean Curtiss. "The qualifications are quite small, but we are encouraging a lot of other experience and education to make sure that all the good work that she has set forward will continue."
Missoula County commissioners will accept applications through the end of this week. They plan to make an announcement the week of June 9.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Nationally high cherry prices help Flathead Lake growers
- KTVM First East Side Mish Mash held in Bozeman
- KTVM Police warn against leaving children in hot cars
- KECI Most dogs returned to kennel after Charlo raid