MISSOULA, Mont. - The bankrupt electronics and appliance retailer Vann's Inc. is under new ownership.
The $4.5 million sale to McMagic Partners LP of Texas was made final Tuesday.
Vann's - which has retail stores in Missoula, Hamilton, Kalispell, Billings and Bozeman - filed for bankruptcy in August.
Trustee Dick Samson said McMagic submitted its letter of intent to purchase Vann's on Oct. 16 and U.S. Bankruptcy Judge John L. Peterson approved the sale last Friday.
A McMagic representative said last week the company plans to keep the Vann's stores open and retain employees, but did not say how many employees will keep their jobs.
McMagic is part of the Khaledi Group, which includes a chain of electronics stores in California, Arizona and Texas.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester