MISSOULA, Mont. - Sunday afternoon in downtown Missoula residents got into the holiday spirit by taking a sleigh ride.
The Paws Up Resort brought two horses Pete and Repeat, to take riders on a short downtown sleigh ride.
NBC Montana even joined along on one of the trips. It wasn't too chilly and the roads were cleared just enough to hear the horse's hoofs clopping on the pavement.
The horses were wearing their Santa hats and dozens of folks lined up for their chance to get pulled in the old fashioned wagon.
Riders tell us they had a blast riding around on the sleigh.
"It was fun and I liked watching the horses," said Missoula youngster Kira Stearns smiling.
Missoula resident Shane O'Connell and his wife were looking for fun things to do with their 18-month old son in downtown Missoula when they heard about the sleigh rides and decided to wander over and check it out.
"This was his first time on a sleigh ride," says O'Connell. "We have horses that live around us and he likes horses but this is as close as he's ever been."
Paws Up Resort employees tell us they plan to return to downtown Missoula with Pete and Repeat for sleigh rides next December.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Billings residents protest suspension of radio host
- Brockton woman found dead after pickup crashed into river
- Republican and Democratic hopefuls for US House election
- KECI Montana teen found safe by Helena police