HAMILTON, Mont. - Ravalli County commissioners will explore an option to reorganize the treasurer's office.
Under the proposal, the position of chief deputy would be eliminated. The office hasn't had a chief deputy since former Treasurer JoAnne Johnson resigned last fall.
The chief deputy's job is to help oversee the entire department, which includes taxes and motor vehicles. Instead, under this proposal, there would be two supervisors, one for each department.
County commissioners will consider the proposal on April 2, when their chief legal counsel is available.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Sentinel's resource officer has new game plan for school year
- KTVM Belgrade school district enrollment grows from last year
- 5 fires burning in Yellowstone continue to grow
- KCFW Multi-vehicle accident reported west of Kalispell