HAMILTON, Mont - At a meeting this morning, appointed Ravalli County Treasurer Valerie Stamey demanded a role in the reorganization of her office.
Stamey is on paid administrative leave pending an investigation into whether she did her job. She is under fire for not balancing the county's books, paying its bills or depositing its money.
Ravalli County commissioners are discussing reorganizing the treasurer's office.
The proposal calls for eliminating the chief deputy position that oversees both taxes and the DMV and replacing that job with two supervisors. One would oversee the DMV and the other taxes.
Stamey told commissioners she is still the head of the office and all changes need to go through her.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Secretary of state: Voters should handle ballots themselves
- Local Elections Chief justice, other judges denounce campaign attack ad
- Crow, Montana settle dispute over taxing coal owned by tribe
- Montana's mining future could lie in ordinary rock