MISSOULA, Mont. - Missoula County prosecutors filed two assault charges against a 28-year old Missoula man.
William Sandel is accused of attacking a 26-year-old woman Tuesday night near the Higgins Ave. Bridge.
Charging documents say he confessed to grabbing her from behind and forcing her to the ground.
Prosecutors say Sandel told police he "thought about having sex with her but was too scared."
And, in a new twist, prosecutors also charged Sandel with an attempted sex assault for allegedly "pinching" a woman's buttocks on the Kim Williams Trail on July 5.
Back then we told you how police were looking for a suspect after a woman walking on the trail claimed a man touched her.
Court documents say Sandel confessed to that as well. Click here to read the charging affidavit.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- News Trial to consider coal pollution from BNSF coal trains
- Local Elections Commissioner: Pro-marijuana group filed reports late
- Magistrate hears arguments in beef checkoff lawsuit
- Local Elections Supreme Court candidate condemns political spending in race