MISSOULA, Mont. - Plans for Sonic Drive-In restaurants in Western Montana are unclear.
About a year ago a Sonic Drive-In franchise owner said he had plans for two restaurants in Missoula and one in Kalispell.
Original plans called for a Missoula Sonic location to open last September, but the timeline got pushed and Sonic representatives later told us a Missoula store would open in winter 2014.
Now it seems to be up in the air. A spokesperson for Sonic told us Monday that they want a location in Missoula but don't have firm plans.
"SONIC very much wants to have a location in Missoula. At this time we cannot provide a firm update on when this may happen," wrote VP Public Relations Patrick Lenow in an email.
The City of Missoula said the permit and plans were approved last fall. Some revisions were submitted a couple of months ago and were also approved. City planners say construction could have started last fall and they are unaware of any delays.
Owners of franchises in Billings and Great Falls did not return calls or emails for comment Monday.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Nationally high cherry prices help Flathead Lake growers
- KTVM First East Side Mish Mash held in Bozeman
- KTVM Police warn against leaving children in hot cars
- KECI Most dogs returned to kennel after Charlo raid