MISSOULA, Mont. - Sanders County Sheriff Tom Rummel has confirmed for NBC Montana that a helicopter has crashed outside of Thomspon Falls. Rummel says that a helicopter went down in the Prospect Creek drainage outside of Thomspon Falls, and that Life flight was called.
Fire authorities tell NBC Montana that there was one fatality, and two others were transported to a hospital. Their condition is unknown at this time. The incident occurred roughly ten miles up Prospect Creek road. Search and Rescue, Forest Service and fire personnel all responded to the scene, and responders had to cut through brush to get to the site.
The names of those involved have not been released at this time, and the cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester