MISSOULA, Mont. - Missoula County Sheriff's deputies say they've received multiple calls this weekend about a moose sighting off of Big Flat Road near Blue Mountain and the Maclay Flat parking lot and hiking trail, which is known to have high traffic.
They're warning people to be careful.
Sheriff's officials are warning people to keep their distance. There have been two instances of moose's charging people in this area in the last two years. Pet dogs were involved both times, which is why it's important to keep your pets leashed.
Video and numerous pictures were posted to social media, giving the moose its own internet presence.
We talked to a few people who were there.
"Pretty happy most of the time but she definitely seemed irritated at other times, with a lot of people, a lot of dogs," said Lucke Backus.
"People just had their kids down on this bank and moose are really unpredictable and you know, that was kind of scary you know. I don't know if I would let my kids get that close," said Jacop Wayne.
Just a reminder from officials, keep a safe distance.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Officials identify man who possibly drowned in Flathead Lake
- Officials identify man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Candidates for Montana house seat spar over public lands
- KECI Man arrested in connection with Missoula bike thefts