MISSOULA, Mont. -
Gibralter Ridge Fire (Eureka)
- Location: East of Eureka
- Size: 1,133 acres
- Containment: ?
- Structures Threatened: 30
- Evacuations: Evacuations remain the same as yesterday evening, no additional evacuation have been called for. The following areas are still under evacuation: Sherman Creek, Griffith Creek, Therriault Pass, and Stevens Creek. Other areas, including upper Grave Creek, Glen Lake, and Sinclair Cr (south/east of West Road) are under pre-evacuation. The Eureka Sheriff's Office is contacting affected residents directly when evacuation decision are made. All area residents should have an evacuation plan in place including having all important documents, pictures, prescriptions and pets gathered up and easily transportable. Law enforcement will also be patrolling the evacuation areas while residents are evacuated.
Burdette Fire (Tarkio)
- Location: 13 miles southeast of Tarkio
- Size: 645 acres
- Containment: 60%
Structures Threatened: 0
Sunrise Fire (Superior)
- Location: 11 miles southeast Superior
- Size: 14,591 acres
- Containment: 20%
- Structures Threatened: 81
- Evacuations: Cougar Gulch, Quartz Creek and Verde Creek are under Stage 3 evacuation. Quartz Flats and Sunrise Creek downgraded to stage 2.
Sapphire Complex Fire (Rock Creek)
- Location: 25 miles southeast of Missoula
- Size: 27,528 acres
- Containment: 32%
- Structures Threatened: 185: Private property and structures in the Rock Creek and Upper Willow Creek drainage are threatened [no numbers given]. Other resources threatened include a Bonneville Power Administration powerline and a communication site.
- Structures Destroyed: 1 cabin, 9 outbuildings
- Evacuations: A new YELLOW evacuation order (pre-evacuation) has been issued from the Kyle G. Bohrnsen Memorial Bridge north to McDermott Gulch in the Upper Willow Creek Drainage. For the Sapphire Complex, the Granite County Sheriff has issued the following evacuation orders: Red evacuation order (mandatory evacuation) from Hogback Homestead south to Stony Creek and the Sliderock Mountain area; Yellow evacuation orders (pre-evacuation) for the northern portion of Rock Creek drainage from approximately Babcock Creek south to Bobcat Creek, from Butte Cabin south to Hogback Homestead, and from Stony Creek south to the Kyle G. Bohrnsen Memorial Bridge. (looks like nothing new since yesterday although I can't find any current info on red evacs, will check back)
- A public meeting will be held tonight at 7:00pm at the Hall School. 109 W Main St, 59837 Hall. South of Drummond.
Lolo Peak Fire (Lolo)
- Location: 10 miles southwest of Lolo
- Size: 7,453 acres
- Containment: 0%
- Structures Threatened: none
- Evacuations: An Evacuation Warning remains in place for the area south of Highway 12 from Fort Fizzle west to the intersection with the Elk Meadows road; this includes the Mill Creek area. (nothing new listed)
- There is a community fire information briefing scheduled for Thursday August 10, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Lolo Community Center, 12345 US-93, Lolo, Montana. Fire officials will provide a briefing about weather, fire behavior and operations on the Lolo Peak Fire.
Meyers Fire (Philipsburg)
- Location: 25 miles southwest of Philipsburg
- Size: 13,236 acres
- Containment: 4%
- Structures Treatened: 119
- Evacuations: The Granite County Sheriff issued EVACUATION notices for the FROG POND BASIN, COPPER CREEK CAMPGROUND areas, and the MOOSE LAKE area. These areas are closed for public health and safety due to wildfire. (no change from yesterday)
Liberty Fire (Arlee)
- Location: 17 miles southeast of Arlee
- Size: 4,231 acres
- Containment: 90%
- Structures Threatened: none
- Evacuations: The Missoula County Sheriff Department’s Evacuation Warning for the community of Placid Lake and Finley Creek remains in effect.
Rice Ridge Fire (Seeley Lake)
- Location: 2 miles northeast of Seeley Lake
- Size: 8,423 acres
- Containment: 10%
- Structures Threatened: 1090
- Evacuations: The evacuation warning issued to residents on both sides of Highway 83 south of Rice Ridge Road to Morrell Creek and south of Cottonwood Lakes Road east of Highway 83, including the town of Seeley Lake and Double Arrow Ranch is still in effect. No actual evacuations have been ordered. (no change from yesterday)
- The next public meeting will be held on Thursday, August 10 at 6pm at the Seeley Lake Elementary School.
- In the event of an evacuation, the American Red Cross will open a shelter. It is located at the Potomac Community Center, 29827 Potomac Rd., in Potomac. The shelter is on standby, anyone seeking to pre-evacuate that requires assistance or sheltering may call the Red Cross of Montana at 1-800-272-6668. All evacuees are welcome and there is no cost to stay in the shelter.