HELENA, Mont. - The following is a press release from the Montana Democratic Party:
The Montana Democratic Party today announced details of the Special Nominating Convention to select the Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate in the 2014 general election.
- Saturday, August 16th, 9 a.m.
- Lewis & Clark Co. Fairgrounds
- 98 West Custer Ave, Helena, MT
- Doors and registration will open at 7:30 AM
"We look forward to bringing together Montanans from across the state to select our Democratic Senate nominee. As we move through this process, we must remember this election is not about any one candidate; It's about ensuring our public lands aren't sold off to the highest bidder, women are free to make their own health care decisions, every Montanan has the opportunity to succeed, and our kids and grandkids are not denied quality education," said Jim Larson, Chair of the Montana Democratic Party.
Voting delegates will be notified of all required information pursuant to Montana Democratic Party rules by official letter. Party staff will also reach out to voting delegates via phone and email to ensure notification.
- Local Elections House Speaker to campaign for Zinke in Billings
- KECI Standing Rock Sioux Tribe seeks Justice Dept. investigation of abuses against protesters
- Washington wolf shot, killed in Montana after 700-mile journey
- KECI Missoula City Council moves forward with floodplain administrator position