MISSOULA, Mont. - The 2014 winner of the Miss Montana pageant is from the Garden City.
22-year-old Victoria Valentine took to the stage Saturday. Women from all over Montana competed for scholarship money.
17 contestants along with Valentine competed in talent, swimsuit for the fitness and lifestyle portion, and answered questions on stage.
NBC Montana sat down with Valentine and her family Monday afternoon. The recent Biola University graduate wants to be a physician's assistant. She says this experience is providing her with great opportunities.
"They teach you public skills, interview techniques and just being able to be comfortable around people in general, which I think is a lifelong skill, and just relating to everyone and working on your communication skills. I am really, really honored to be a part of this," said Valentine.
Valentine won $6,850. She wants to use that money to apply to grad school. She also is looking forward to competing in Miss America 2015.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester