MISSOULA, Mont. - NBC Montana talked with Missoula's police chief to see if the department plans extra precautions for July's Missoula Marathon.
Missoula Police Department Chief Mark Muir told us officers typically focus on traffic safety. But said department leaders will watch the investigation in Boston to see what Missoula might be able to do to prevent any kind of incident.
"Obviously we're monitoring very closely the progress of the investigation, the determination of what the source of threats are with respect to this particular event and the potential for it to spread on to other similar events," said Muir.
Muir said it's still early in the investigation to make any drastic changes to the Missoula Marathon, but said it will definitely be a discussion the department will have when they learn more.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Tax extensions are a safe bet, experts say
- Missoula Co. addresses road condition issues
- News Environmental groups challenge Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Final suspect reaches plea deal in death of Kalispell man