MISSOULA, Mont. - The Missoula Marathon is one of the biggest events of the year in Western Montana and it's less than two months away. Registration is almost full.
NBC Montana was told that the 5K is capped at 1,000 participants and is 91% full.
The half marathon is capped at 4,000 participants and is 95% full.
The full marathon is capped at 1,750 participants and is 80% full.
This is the eighth year for the Missoula Marathon and the second year to actually have a cap on how many runners can participate.
They increased the cap this year to allow more runners, since it filled up last year a month right before the event.
For the first time, they will have an elite field in the half and full marathon along with prize money to give out.
Organizers say they need 1,000 people to volunteer.
"Sign up and volunteer because we couldn't do it without you and then also, we need spectators because the runners and walkers really appreciate the spectators along the course," said Executive Director of Run Wild Missoula Eva Dunn-Froebig.
The 5K is scheduled for Saturday July 12 and the half and full marathon on Sunday July 13.
Click here to find out more information.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester