MISSOULA, Mont. - Robert Lambert, 61, of Missoula, is dead after the Ford pickup he was driving plunged down a steep embankment.
The crash occurred on Schwartz Creek Road, east of Missoula near Clinton, at about 7 p.m. Monday.
Montana Highway Patrol says alcohol was a factor in the crash, and Lambert was not wearing a seat belt.
Montana Highway Patrol said he ran off of the road, and when he tried to back up, the vehicle rolled down the embankment.
Lambert was pinned under the car and pronounced dead at the scene.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KTVM Water main leak in Bozeman prompts road closure
- East Helena couple found dead in home
- KTVM Gallatin Co. to approve $100k for 911 center consultant
- KTVM Severe cold weather impacts vehicles