MISSIOULA, Mont. - Missoula County Attorney Fred Van Valkenburg spoke to NBC Montana in our studio late Friday evening.
We talked about the importance of bringing the Johnson case to trial.
"I'm disappointed," said the attorney, and "a little surprised."
"I think we presented a very good case. I think that we thought we would win but I suppose you always think that," he said.
Prosecutors have been in touch with the accuser and her family.
Van Valkenburg said they are "obviously disappointed and do not think this was the right verdict."
He said the prosecuting team is wishing the young woman the very best.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Missoula man denies sex trafficking charges
- KECI Region 2 opening weekend of rifle season identical to 2015
- Sheridan hospital plans new $13 million facility
- KECI Program designed in western Montana helps patients fight cancer