KALISPELL. Mont - According to the Lake County Sheriff's Office 40-year-old Shannon Turner's body was discovered last night in a maroon Chevy van belonging to Turner.
At approximately 6:00 p.m., Turner was located in southern Flathead County, after the Lake County Sheriff's Office received a tip from a citizen as to the vehicle's possible location.
The LCSO contacted the Flathead County Sheriff's Office for assistance in locating and confirming that it was the missing vehicle.
Flathead County deputies located the vehicle, confirmed it was the missing vehicle and discovered that the van contained human remainss which were positively identified as Turner.
The death investigation will be conducted by the Flathead County Sheriff's Office.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KTVM Water main leak in Bozeman prompts road closure
- East Helena couple found dead in home
- KTVM Gallatin Co. to approve $100k for 911 center consultant
- KTVM Severe cold weather impacts vehicles