HAMILTON, Mont. - New developments in the case of the former employee of a Hamilton Veterans Center accused of making threats to President Obama and his family.
Daniel Rachell allegedly took military veterans' files home with him after an internal investigation began.
Two-hundred of those files are back at the Valley Veterans Center, but at least seven of them are still missing.
The center's board president, William Jette, said the center is working with attorneys, and taking inventory of the files. He said they are under lock and key. But he said the inventory may discover even more than seven are missing.
Jette believes the majority of the files have been accounted for. He urges vets who have questions to contact the center.
Rachell faces federal charges, and is under house arrest.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Greg Gianforte keeps low profile, Montana votes
- US Census estimates show Bozeman population growth
- Contamination in Montana park; highest in kids' sandbox
- Spotty showers, cooler temperatures