MISSOULA, Mont. - An Arkansas man pleaded not guilty to charges for allegedly breaking into a man's home.
Prosecutors say 22-year-old Dillon Torey Franklin was on heroin and meth when he broke into a 77-year-old man's home on the north side of town last month.
The homeowner shot Franklin in the stomach when he wouldn't leave.
In Missoula County District Court Wednesday, Franklin asked to be released from jail so he could return to Arkansas for surgery. Judge Ed McLean turned down the request and told Franklin to get surgery in Missoula.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Local businesses falling victim to dipping commercial building real estate market
- KCFW Burnett stumlbes, maintains lead at Rebecca Farm
- KECI Missing endangered person alert in Missoula called off
- Blue Lake Fire prompts voluntary evacuations