MISSOULA, Mont. - A Missoula County man's in custody after allegedly opening fire on a group of people at a Lolo trailer park.
Missoula County officials say the incident happened around 3:30 a.m. Saturday morning at the Two Rivers trailer park near Lantern Ridge Road.
Deputies say a man there was asked to leave the party, but instead of leaving, he allegedly walked across the street, retrieved a handgun, and fired at least 2 shots.
One witness told us he had to run behind a suburban for cover.
Another man who says he was there says the man was drinking.
We were hanging out having a fire and kicking it, said Missoula County resident Levi Miller. "This one guy who lives in the trailer park just couldn't handle his booze and got mad and came out and started shooting rounds at us. You could see the marks on the pavement just inches from where our feet were."
No injuries were reported, and officers say they are still investigating if the man was aiming at specific people.
After arresting the suspect, officers say they recovered a handgun Saturday morning while executing a search warrant.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester