CODY, Wyo - A Montana man charged with kidnapping and assaulting an 11-year-old girl from Wyoming is facing new felony charges.
Reports say 40-year-old Jesse Paul Speer was charged with aggravated assault and sexual abuse of a minor in the first and second degree after a court hearing.
He was initially charged after his arrest in October with kidnapping, aggravated assault and using a gun in the commission of a felony. He had pleaded not guilty to those charges.
Speer is being held in Cody, Wyo., with bond set at $2 million.
He is accused of abducted the girl in Cody in early October. Authorities say he sexually assaulted her before releasing her. Hunters later found her and took her to safety.
Speer previously lived in Colorado.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Candidate lays out last-ditch plan to sink Trump, Clinton
- Bullock: Suspended sentence in incest case is unacceptable
- Glacier County attorney alleges retaliatory budget cut
- The Latest: Victim's mom doesn't blame police