MISSOULA, Mont. - A Lolo man is being held on $75,000 bail for allegedly assaulting his wife, stabbing a friend, and driving drunk.
Court papers say Denny Calhoun Smith kicked and hit his wife after they got home from a bar. Turns out the two had been married just two weeks.
Prosecutors say the woman locked herself in the bathroom, but smith's accused of kicking in the door, pointing a gun at her head and threatening to kill her,
Investigators say she got out and called for help, but then the man who tried to help her and check on Smith, claimed Smith pointed a gun at him and then stabbed him twice.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- News Energy panel postpones votes on Energy, Interior nominees
- Freezing fog, developing snow
- KTVM Bozeman commissioners set limit on industrial waste
- KECI Missoula City Council fills vacant Ward 2 seat