BOZEMAN, Mont. - Monday night the Lady Griz basketball team completed its sweep of rival Montana State with a 72-65 road win in Bozeman.
The Lady Griz entered the contest having already clinched a spot in the conference tournament. Meanwhile, Montana state entered the game still looking to earn a playoff berth.
The first half was a back-and-forth affair, both the Lady Griz and Bobcats traded buckets until Montana State went to the half with a 29-28 lead. Neither team shot exceptionally well before the break; the Lady Griz went 10-of-31 from the floor, including just 1-of-9 from three-point range. Montana State did not shoot much better the Bobcats were 11-of-33, including 2-of-9 from downtown.
The Lady Griz were able to outscore the Bobcats 44-36 in the second half, enabling them to pick up the road win. Bozeman native Kellie Cole led her Montana squad with 14 points and 7 rebounds. UM's Rickman also chipped in 14 points.
Jasmine Hommes led MSU with 15 points and 8 boards.
With the win Montana improved to 12-6 in conference play while Montana State fell to 8-10. The Lady Griz close out the regular season with a pair of home game starting with Sacramento State Thursday, Mar. 6. Montana State closes out the regular season with two more home games as well starting with Northern Arizona on Thursday, Mar. 6.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- News Energy panel postpones votes on Energy, Interior nominees
- Freezing fog, developing snow
- KTVM Bozeman commissioners set limit on industrial waste
- KECI Missoula City Council fills vacant Ward 2 seat