MISSOULA, Mont. - More than 200 judges, attorneys, and social workers were in Missoula on Wednesday for the state's 4th annual Drug Court Conference.
The conference is held once a year for people involved in Montana's drug courts to exchange ideas, talk best practices and work to stay ahead of the ever-evolving illegal drug industry.
Missoula District Judge John Larson tells us Montana is fortunate to have such good collaboration.
"It's unique," said Larson. "The judges meet. Attorneys meet. Social workers meet, but seldom do we get cross-disciplinary opportunities to talk to one another about these issues that we confront. We all have a different perspective, so we try to get on the same page."
The conference, held at Missoula's Holiday Inn, is open to the public, and ends on Saturday.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Sentinel's resource officer has new game plan for school year
- KTVM Belgrade school district enrollment grows from last year
- 5 fires burning in Yellowstone continue to grow
- KCFW Multi-vehicle accident reported west of Kalispell