MISSOULA, Mont. - A Missoula County District Court judge has shot down an attempt to have the City of Missoula's lawsuit over Mountain Water Company thrown out.
Judge Karen Townsend issued the order Thursday in response to a motion filed by the Carlyle Group to dismiss the city's lawsuit against Carlyle, an international private equity firm, in order to acquire Mountain Water Company.
Mountain Water Company, owned by Carlyle, is the sole supplier of water to the City of Missoula, making Missoula the only major city in Montana that doesn't own its own water supply.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Tax extensions are a safe bet, experts say
- Missoula Co. addresses road condition issues
- News Environmental groups challenge Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Final suspect reaches plea deal in death of Kalispell man