DEER LODGE, Mont. - According to a press release sent out by the Montana State Prison inmate Ronald James Ward Jr. died on Wednesday, April 9th at approximately 6:05pm. Ward was found in his cell in a high security housing unit.
He was transported to a local hospital and was declared dead a approximately 7pm. His death was unexpected. An autopsy will be performed by the state medical examiner.
Ward received the following sentences:
- Ravalli County - Deliberate Homicide, Use of a Dangerous Weapon – 100 years, 10 years consecutive.
- Powell County- Assault on a Peace Officer – 4 years consecutive.
- Powell County- Riot, Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a Prisoner– 5 years, 10 years concurrent, consecutive.
- Inmate Ward was eligible for parole 12-23-2036 and had a discharge date of Life plus 24 years.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Motorcycle Fatal-Missing Man
- KTVM Fire officials stress need for defensible space
- KECI Logger loses equipment in fire as employee helps save residents
- KECI Hamilton takes first steps to buy armory