MISSOULA, Mont. - Hundreds gathered at Washington-Grizzly Stadium Friday to remember a teenager killed in a car accident early this week.
Investigators say 18-year-old Chance Geery was walking on a sidewalk with his girlfriend when a car struck them, killing Geery.
At least 300 hundred people attended the memorial.
Geery's girlfriend, 18-year-old Gabby Rosier, said she and Geery's family chose to hold the memorial at the stadium because Geery, a Hellgate High School football player, dreamed of playing for the UM Grizzlies.
Friends and loved ones wore jerseys to the memorial in Geery's honor.
"I think people should remember the fact that he died really happy," said Rosier. "He died with no hard feelings, and I think that he's looking down, and he's probably so happy that we're doing it at the Griz stadium and that this many people are showing up, and that we're all going to wear his jersey."
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- News Energy panel postpones votes on Energy, Interior nominees
- Freezing fog, developing snow
- KTVM Bozeman commissioners set limit on industrial waste
- KECI Missoula City Council fills vacant Ward 2 seat