MISSOULA, Mont. - On Saturday, August 9 a Missoula resident and recreationalist discovered human remains up the Rock Creek drainage in the Welcome Creek Wilderness.
According to Granite County Sheriff Scott Dunkerson, Granite County Search and Rescue, sheriff's office and a member of the medical examiner's office were able to located the remains on Sunday, August 10 around 1:30 p.m. The remains have since been sent to the Missoula Crime Lab for further investigation.
The Welcome Creek Wilderness is located approximately 25 miles east of Missoula. The 28,135-acre wilderness measures about 9 miles by 7 miles.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester