MISSOULA, Mont. - A medical condition caused a 60-year-old Arlee man to wreck his vehicle just after 5 p.m. Thursday.
Highway Patrol troopers tell us the accident took place just past the Lolo Creek Steak House on Highway 12, southwest of Missoula.
Troopers we spoke to say the man suffered a medical issue, possibly a heart attack, which caused him to go off of the road hitting a fence at a slow speed.
The man was unresponsive and transported to a Missoula hospital.
We spoke to troopers Thursday evening for an update on the man's condition and they tell us hospital staffers seem to be optimistic.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- South Entrance to Yellowstone National Park remains closed
- KCFW Kalispell police clearing out transient camps
- KCFW Infrared camera used in Bierney Creek Fire west of Lakeside
- Parents win $4.6 million lawsuit against bar