MISSOULA, Mont. - Missoula Rural Fire District staff say crews were dispatched to the Spectrum Products building in Missoula on June 12 at roughly 10:00 am. Authorities say the crews found roughly 1000 gallons of liquids on the floor throughout a building.
A Spectrum Products representative says a valve to a rinse tank was accidentally left on overnight, causing an overflow. The tank, according to the representative , contained residual amounts of citric acid, sulphuric acid and phosphoric acid. A full Hazmat team was called out to the incident.
Responders included the Missoula Rural Fire District, the Missoula Fire Department, the Frenchtown Rural Fire District, and a representative from the Missoula City-County Health Department and city Sewer Department.
According to a press release from Missoula Rural Fire, the spilled liquid was found to contain concentration of metals like chromium and copper. Authorities say the liquid will be collected in drums and shipped to be disposed of. No injuries were reported.