MISSOULA, Mont. - The Hamilton Lady Broncs came up short in the title game Saturday night falling to Havre 52-43 at the state 'A' tournament in Great Falls.
State "A" Girls in Great Falls
In the girls state 'A' title game Hamilton faced Havre in what was a competitive game. Havre got off to a quick start and lead 10-6 after the first quarter of play. The two teams scored 11 points each in the second quarter and Hamilton went to the half trailing 21-17.
The Lady Broncs struggled to score in the start of the second half and found themselves down 30-22 entering the final quarter of play. Hamilton's offense found it's stride in the fourth quarter as the Lady Broncs scored 21 points, but the Blue Ponies matched that total with 22 points. In the end Havre was crowned class 'A' state champs with the 52-43 victory.
Taylor Goligoski tied Jaylee Albert with a team high 13 points. Goligoski went 4-for-13 from the floor shooting, including 1-for-4 from three-point range. Albert went 5-of-12 on her shot attempts.
Hamilton will look to get back to the title game next year and the Lady Broncs will have plenty of experience returning to the team after losing just one senior from this year's squad to graduation.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Billings residents protest suspension of radio host
- Brockton woman found dead after pickup crashed into river
- Republican and Democratic hopefuls for US House election
- KECI Montana teen found safe by Helena police