MISSOULA, Mont. - One current and one former member of the University of Montana Grizzly basketball team were arrested by the Missoula Police Department and released Saturday morning.
According to the Missoula County jail roster, 22-year-old senior Will Cherry and 20-year-old sophomore Keron DeShields were arrested around 2 a.m. Saturday morning for disorderly conduct. The jail roster shows Cherry could also face charges for resisting arrest.
Cherry and DeShields both posted bond and were released from the Missoula County Detention Center sometime around 3 a.m. Saturday.
NBC Montana spoke with University's Athletic Director Kent Haslam about what's next for the two basketball players.
"First and foremost it's disappointing and its frustrating," Haslam says. "It's something that we stand for and we'll deal with it through the student athlete code of conduct and levy out the appropriate punishment."
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Missoula man denies sex trafficking charges
- KECI Region 2 opening weekend of rifle season identical to 2015
- Sheridan hospital plans new $13 million facility
- KECI Program designed in western Montana helps patients fight cancer