MISSOULA, Mont. - University of Montana Grizzly quarterback Jordan Johnson gave his first interview in over a year.
Just last week Johnson rejoined the football team after a jury found him not guilty of rape.
We met Johnson at his attorney David Paoli's office Tuesday afternoon. To get the interview we agreed to only ask about Johnson's football career, school, and his future.
Johnson said he is practicing with the team again, he started with the winter workouts last Thursday. He said he's happy to be back with his teammates.
"It's great to be out with the guys again because that's really the part I missed the most just being with my teammates," Johnson said.
He said support from his team over the last year helped him, saying his teammates are like brothers.
"To have them there pretty much every day at the trial, you can't ask for anything better than that."
Johnson said he's been in school throughout the last year. He's an education math major. He said he's maintained focus on his studies.
You can view the full unedited interview on this page.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Local businesses falling victim to dipping commercial building real estate market
- KCFW Burnett stumlbes, maintains lead at Rebecca Farm
- KECI Missing endangered person alert in Missoula called off
- Blue Lake Fire prompts voluntary evacuations