MISSOULA, Mont. - On Tuesday night, community members gathered to raise money for the Okon family at the Bayern Brewery in Missoula.
With the recent death of his wife following a February crash near Lolo on Highway 93, Randy Okon now will raise his surviving daughter.
Bayern Brewing says well over 200 people attended.
Friends tell us Okon is a firefighter with the Missoula Fire Department, so on Tuesday firefighters from many agencies came out to show their support.
"We had a good showing from the area fire crews -- Missoula Rural, DNRC, the Forest Service, and of course, the Missoula Fire Department," said Firefighter Forest Vogel.
Bayern Brewing will continue to pass a boot around on Wednesday, so the fundraising total won't be available until Wednesday evening.
Meanwhile, Missoula Federal Credit Union has also set up an Okon family fund.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Missing North Dakota man found dead after Montana crash
- Montana school forced to cut nurse's hours due to budget
- KECI Suspet arrested after reported stabbing, pursuit
- Gianforte: Sell state plane, ground Bullock