MISSOULA, Mont. - It was announced this week that Frenchtown's John Chapman will be continuing his basketball career right here in the Treasure State.
The senior will compete next year in Butte for Montana Tech after officially signing with the team earlier this week.
Chapman had an outstanding career as a point guard and captain for the Broncs. His senior season Chapman averaged 19.8 points per game to lead the Northwest Conference in scoring. He also averaged 6 rebounds to go with 5.5 assists and 3 steals per game.
Chapman says playing college basketball has always been a dream but that the classroom was also a big factor
"Well I definitely chose it for the academic level, Tech is a great school," said Chapman. "But also when I went there for a visit I met the coaches and really liked the coaches. I like where the program is going and I'm excited to be a part of it next year. It's an amazing feeling; I've dreamed about playing college basketball my entire life and I'm really excited to do it and I'm looking forward to next year."
Chapman is the latest addition to a recruiting class that includes State AA MVP Carson Dummer of Helena Capital and Butte Central standouts Nate Bolstad and Kale Guldseth. Tech went 13-15 last season, 5-11 in Frontier play.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Greg Gianforte keeps low profile, Montana votes
- US Census estimates show Bozeman population growth
- Contamination in Montana park; highest in kids' sandbox
- Spotty showers, cooler temperatures