MISSOULA, Mont. - Butte-Silver Bow County coroners have confirmed that former justice of the peace Robert "Bob" Lee passed away early yesterday morning.
The judge retired from the bench last year after struggling with prescription drug addiction.
In December of 2012, he pleaded guilty to two felony counts of "doctor shopping" for methadone and received a three-year deferred sentence.
Coroners tell us they're waiting for toxicology results and other medical tests. Lee was 68 years old.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Authorities ID man found in Clark Fork River
- Bozeman American Legion seeks return of burgled bugle
- Lewis and Clark County appoints new coroner
- KECI Injury crash near Ronan diverts traffic off Highway 93