MISSOULA, Mont. - The following is a press release from the Missoula Rural Fire District:
The Missoula Rural Fire District responded to a reported structure fire in MRFD jurisdiction at 3670 Grant Creek Road. The fire was in a two-story balloon frame residential house and upon arrival fire crews communicated that they had an active working fire.
Missoula City Fire and the Frenchtown Fire District also was initially paged for this call and responded as well to assist. The owner/occupant was home at the time of the fire and an employee at the Momentum Chemical Plant saw the fire, ran to the home and notified the owner of the fire and to get out of the house.
Firefighters made an interior fire attack and the fire was knocked down and brought under control. It is unknown if the home is insured and Missoula Rural Firefighters are still on the scene conducting salvage and overhaul operations along with a MRFD fire investigation team at the time of this press release.
Fire investigators are still looking into the cause, but the fire may have been caused by a burn pit on fire, in the back yard, that spread to the home.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- South Entrance to Yellowstone National Park remains closed
- KCFW Kalispell police clearing out transient camps
- KCFW Infrared camera used in Bierney Creek Fire west of Lakeside
- Parents win $4.6 million lawsuit against bar