MISSOULA, Mont. - Missoula Sheriff's Deputies arrested a man after he allegedly made threats to a school in Wyoming.
Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Jason Johnson said 19-year-old Eric Wengren from Lolo threatened to shoot at a school in Gillette, Wyoming.
Johnson told NBC Montana that a sheriff's office in Wyoming contacted them, after they confirmed the threats through facebook.
Wengren allegedly told Missoula detectives the threats were a joke.
"He said it was joke, but the comments that he made certainly didn't seem that way," said Johnson. "We definitely want to send a message to students and anybody else who is ‘joking' about school shootings, that we take it very seriously."
Wengren posted bond and was released from jail. He's scheduled to appear in Missoula County Justice Court Thursday afternoon, on a disorderly conduct charge.
NBC Montana will keep you updated.
To read the affidavit click here.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- News Trial to consider coal pollution from BNSF coal trains
- Local Elections Commissioner: Pro-marijuana group filed reports late
- Magistrate hears arguments in beef checkoff lawsuit
- Local Elections Supreme Court candidate condemns political spending in race