MISSOULA, Mont. - The Montana State Crime has confirmed a body found in the Clark Fork River near Deer Lodge two weeks ago is that of missing Anaconda woman Tammy Salle.
Police Chief Tim Barkell told NBC Montana lab coroners determined Salle's cause of death to be from a knife wound to the neck.
Salle was last seen on Dec. 23, and her family reported her missing three days later.
Salle's boyfriend, John Goldberg, shot himself to death before police could question him. His body was found on Dec. 29.
Fishermen found Salle's body March 2 in a shallow area in the middle of the river. Barkell says the body was likely dumped upstream.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KTVM Water main leak in Bozeman prompts road closure
- East Helena couple found dead in home
- KTVM Gallatin Co. to approve $100k for 911 center consultant
- KTVM Severe cold weather impacts vehicles