MISSOULA, Mont. - A Missoula conservation group has purchased a former ranch were Rock Creek meets the Clark Fork River.
Reports say that Five Valleys Land Trust completed the $1.6 million deal Friday to buy 201 acres on either side of Rock Creek Road where the renowned trout stream nears Interstate 90.
Lands Trust director Grant Kier says work will start on returning the land back to a more natural condition following decades as part of a working ranch, the historic Corra Ranch.
Kier says the group is exploring ways to keep the land in the possession of private groups while still maintaining public access.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Lawmakers look at child sex trafficking education
- KTVM Rescue crews respond to injured snowmobiler
- Sheridan under boil water alert
- Heavier mountain snow, mostly rain for valleys Monday