MISSOULA, Mont. - Developers will get one more year as they continue with plans for the Riverfront Triangle, the city-owned land at Orange and Front Streets. It's the former site of the Fox Theater.
Developers Hotel Fox LLC. hope to turn the 6-acre area into a hotel and convention center. They've had an exclusive right to negotiate the property since the end of 2011 as they work on agreements with nearby Saint Patrick Hospital to secure additional land.
Hotel Fox developers are looking to build a hotel and a large conference center with the possibility of housing, offices, restaurants, and retail.
Wednesday the Missoula Redevelopment Agency asked the city council to give developers an additional year to finalize plans.
"A really fantastic development for a corner that deserves it in Missoula, Montana," said Mayor John Engen. "I have nothing but confidence in these folks and hope you share that."
The city council agreed to extend the exclusive right to negotiate. During that time Hotel Fox LLC. will work to conclude negotiations with Saint Patrick Hospital. They'll start to ask the public for input on what the area will look like; complete a full site design and report progress and planning to the city council and the public by June 1.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Gas prices take slight dip around Missoula
- KECI Missoula to show public how election process works
- KTVM Success of hunting season weather dependent: FWP
- KECI Opening weekend of rifle hunting season comes to a close