Chimney problem thought to be cause of Grass Valley fire


MISSOULA, Mont. - Missoula firefighters battled through windy and wet conditions Wednesday night to fight a fully involved house fire west of Missoula.

Crews were dispatched to the blaze on Grass Valley Drive around 9:30 p.m.

Initial reports were that one man was still believed to be inside the residence, sleeping, but neighbors later confirmed the man made it safely outside.

At least 5 engines were counted on scene.

Around 10 p.m., fire officials said they were still calling more engines and manpower

The MRFD Fire Investigation Team's initial findings point to a potential problem with the chimney as the cause of the fire.  The investigation is ongoing.


More Stories