MISSOULA, Mont. - The following is a press release from the UM Office of Public Safety:
After an inspection by a geologist, the M Trail and Campus Drive have been reopened at the University of Montana. They had been closed by a rock fall. Some parking near the mountain may still be cordoned off.
A boulder about 3 feet wide rolled off Mount Sentinel on Sunday night onto the UM campus, prompting officials to close a section of parking on Campus Drive.
The boulder took out the top part of a retaining wall before coming to rest on the street near the Parking Garage on the east side of campus. No one was injured.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI UM kicks off homecoming events
- Hundreds of raptors migrating through Big Belt Mountains
- KECI Montana untested rape kit info to go to CODIS
- FBI mum on case of Montana woman found dead in car trunk