MISSOULA, Mont. - The Missoula County Sheriff's Department reports a rancher spotted the yellow truck belonging to missing man Josh Carter around 7:30 Monday night near Pulp Mill Road. Carter was found deceased. The MCSO issued this release:
At around 7:30 pm a rancher was walking the fence line of his property located on Lacasse Lane when he spotted a pick up truck at the bottom of a steep embankment bordering Pulp Mill Road. The rancher returned to his house and called 911 to report the found yellow Ford truck. The rancher and his son suspected that the truck matched the description of Josh Carter's missing vehicle.
Deputies arrived on scene and confirmed that the vehicle was that of Josh Carter's. Josh's body was also located. Montana Highway Patrol conducted a crash investigation and it appears as though Josh lost control of his vehicle while traveling east on Pulp Mill Road near the railroad track overpass. The vehicle hit and then crossed over the guardrail, rolled down the embankment approximately 100 feet and came to rest in the bottom of a drainage ditch. Josh unfortunately was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle.
The Missoula County Sheriff's Office would like to offer our deepest condolences to Joshua's family and his many friends.
Carter was last spotted leaving a Frenchtown bar September 7. Stay tuned to NBC Montana for further updates throughout the day.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Tax extensions are a safe bet, experts say
- Missoula Co. addresses road condition issues
- News Environmental groups challenge Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Final suspect reaches plea deal in death of Kalispell man