MISSOULA, Mont. - Boaters on Flathead Lake got a scare Saturday afternoon when a Canadian cold front hit the lake near Polson.
The bay there is very shallow, just 10 or 12 feet deep, and when the wind hits, large waves can develop very quickly.
Viewer Robert McElderry sent in a picture of one of the boats in the bay struggling to make its way to shore in the storm.
Polson police say waves swamped another boat docked near the Best Western.
Everyone made it through safe the storm safely, but police say this is a good reminder to pay special attention to weather on the lake.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Pipeline protest aided by universal support
- KECI Workday for CSKT delayed until 9 a.m.
- KECI Emergency travel restrictions lifted in Missoula Co.
- KECI Winter weather prompts warnings for drivers